Honeywell HMIWeb Display Builder Object Visibility

toddster900

Hi All

I am currently working on a project using Honeywell Experion DCS with HMIWeb Display builder for the interface screens.

I want to set the visibility of an object dependant of a DCS tag but can not work out how to do it. There is a visibility property for all objects but this can only be set to be visible, invisible or inherit. THe help files say that when se to inherit the object takes its visibility configuration form the parent object.

However, what is the parent object of a simple line and where do I go to set visibility for this parent object?

Should be simple I know but I have not used Display Builder before and can only assume I am missing something.

All help much appreciated

Hi All

I am currently working on a project using Honeywell Experion DCS with HMIWeb Display builder for the interface screens.

I want to set the visibility of an object dependant of a DCS tag but can not work out how to do it. There is a visibility property for all objects but this can only be set to be visible, invisible or inherit. THe help files say that when se to inherit the object takes its visibility configuration form the parent object.

However, what is the parent object of a simple line and where do I go to set visibility for this parent object?

Should be simple I know but I have not used Display Builder before and can only assume I am missing something.

All help much appreciated

You will need to set visibility in VBScript. If all the objects in a group are set to inherit, then when you set the group to "Hidden" in VBScript all will be hidden. If you only want to make a single item visible or invisible, refer to that item only.

For instance, if you want to make a line named MyLine hidden, the VBScript command would be

MyLine.style.visibility = "hidden"

I'll let you work out the actual logic to tie it to a DCS Tag.

You will need to set visibility in VBScript. If all the objects in a group are set to inherit, then when you set the group to "Hidden" in VBScript all will be hidden. If you only want to make a single item visible or invisible, refer to that item only.

For instance, if you want to make a line named MyLine hidden, the VBScript command would be

MyLine.style.visibility = "hidden"

I'll let you work out the actual logic to tie it to a DCS Tag.

I now have the code I have pasted beolow but its not quite right. You will have to excuse me as I have not really done much script.

Firstly I am pretty sure that as a result of the "onactive" call this code only runs when the object is selected. Can it be run on the change of state of the "On_Off.DCS.pvfl" DCS tag and when the page loads?

Also I don't think I have the reference to the DCS tag correct. The tag "On_Off.DCS.pvfl" is correct but I think either the syntax is wrong to reference a DCS tag or I am missing some configuration elsewhere. Do I need to set up a point on the Script Data tab of the object properties or can the tag be referenced directly from the script?

Sub rect001_onactivate

IF On_Off.DCS.pvfl = 1 THEN
rect001.style.visibility = "hidden"
ELSE
rect001.style.visibility = "visible"
End IF

End Sub

I now have the code I have pasted beolow but its not quite right. You will have to excuse me as I have not really done much script.

Firstly I am pretty sure that as a result of the "onactive" call this code only runs when the object is selected. Can it be run on the change of state of the "On_Off.DCS.pvfl" DCS tag and when the page loads?

Also I don't think I have the reference to the DCS tag correct. The tag "On_Off.DCS.pvfl" is correct but I think either the syntax is wrong to reference a DCS tag or I am missing some configuration elsewhere. Do I need to set up a point on the Script Data tab of the object properties or can the tag be referenced directly from the script?

Sub rect001_onactivate

IF On_Off.DCS.pvfl = 1 THEN
ELSE
End IF

End Sub

Pvfl is probably an input failure. You may want to try simply pv.

I think you should call this on a page update event. I'm not able to access my system right now to tell you which one.

Pvfl is probably an input failure. You may want to try simply pv.

I think you should call this on a page update event. I'm not able to access my system right now to tell you which one.

With regards to the call I can work on this going forward, thanks for the hint.

With regards to the tag reference I have tried this now but I'm pretty sure it cant see the DCS control module referenced as "On_Off" as when I click on the object I get a script error saying "Object Required: 'On_Off'". Should I be able to reference a DCS tag directly from a script in the way I am?

Thanks

I have managed to resolve the issue using the following code. Thanks for all your help, its much appreciated!

Sub rect001_onupdate

IF me.DataValue ("On_Off.DCS.pv") = 1 THEN
ELSE
End IF

End Sub