EDS files for Kinetix 5700. 2198-D032-ERS3. Which Major / Minor Rev. ?

Rob S.

I have yellow question marks beside Servo Modules in the RS Logix 5000 ( v 28). These Servo modules are Kinetix 5700. Part numbers range from 2198-D032 - ERS3 to 2198-D012-ERS3. I did a search on the Rockwell website and got so many EDS files to choose from. Which Major / Minor revision should I choose ? I can't see a revision number on the drive .

Thanks so much for your help.

When I double click Servo module in the Ethernet tree on the left I get " Failed to create Module Profile . Module Profile or EDS file Not Installed "

And the icon is a "?" instead of the module correct? Then you need to install the AOP. The "Module Profile" they are referring to is the AOP.

From here click on the RSLogix5000 Add-On-Profiles link in the middle of the page.

Dustin is correct. It may seem as though you need the EDS but you actually want the highest possible AOP available. Of course you will also need the EDS but if I remember correctly you can upload it from RSlinx.

This is a program that a integrator sent for some new machinery we received. The reason I need this AOP is because I do not have it in my RS Logix 5000 version 28 , correct ?. The program that he sent me is version 28 and I have version 28. Now when I download the AOP from Rockwell , do I want the AOP related to my Kinetix 5700 , or the RS Logix 5000 ? Do I need to download 4 , one for each drive ?

I'm sorry. Is this new with Rockwell , or as this been required all along , and I just haven't had to deal with it ?

Another question, if I would need to reload the plc for this new machinery ,this program I have, would load what is on it , equal to what is on the Compactlogix now , correct ?

Thanks

You Select the AOP for the Drive you are using Not the software. Its not terribly new but you probably haven't had this happen to you yet.
I don't think you need to reload the PLC. Cant really remember though.

The reason you don't have them is because they are not installed with Studio 5000 is installed. You need to download them from their site and you would download a single "5700" installer. When you get to the site, hit CTRL+F and search for 2198.

You will not need to reload anything into the PLC. This will give you the ability to open up and modify the properties of each drive from the I/O tree. Just like you would with any other module.

I see one 2016/03/04. 404 MB . I checked the box and downloaded it , but I am not sure where it went. I checked in C:/ RA , and I don't see it there .

I'm sorry. I should know this .

Just do it again and pay attention to where you put it. I put them on my desktop then I unzip and run the EXE file. then delete it from my desktop. You could also store it somewhere in a server directory for the next guy. You could also go to your downloads folder on your PC and get it.

I see one 2016/03/04. 404 MB . I checked the box and downloaded it , but I am not sure where it went. I checked in C:/ RA , and I don't see it there .

I'm sorry. I should know this .

It depends on if you used the "managed download" or the "direct download".

Direct Download will put it in your browsers default location, usually your Downloads directory.

Managed Downloads puts it in a public directory. Something like C:/Users/Public/Public Downloads/RA and some other directories.

Thanks for the helpful information. I selected Ctrl F , 2198 , and got a large list of options . Selected the most recent AOP for Kinetix 5700 , checked the box on the left. Went up top and checked the box for download , 0 MB filled in with 404 MB , selected download. Didn't have an option Managed Download or Direct Download , like a normal software download.

That's not normal. Once you check the box you go back up to the top and click the blue download arrow right next to the shopping cart. This opens up another browser windows (for some GD reason) where you accept/reject the terms. You click accept and this will bring you to the download page I describe (managed vs direct). You click direct and it should go to another page where it gives you a normal download link.

If that is not happening, then your browser is probably blocking popups or something like that.

The process for downloads is probably the worst thing on the internet that I've ever dealt with. Especially when on some downloads you get a self extracting zip file that just produces a zip file, then you have to unzip it. It's such brilliant trolling that it inspired me to send a file to one of our techs that I zipped 6 different ways, the file ultimately was a document that had a link to the real file. I gave RA credit.

Last edited: