RSLogix Tag Nomenclature Confusion

blupony96

I am trying to learn the logic of a process at my new job. There are tag names that I can't make sense of because they end with _xva, _xvb, _xvu and so on and so forth. I know they are associated with motion, but I need to make better sense of them. There are no descriptors. What do they mean and is there a resource available that I can reference?

Tags can be whatever the programmer wants them to be. There is nothing in Logix that dictates a tagname. You hope that the programming has some obvious naming structure that applies to the equipment they are programming, however that's never a given.

You either figure out the interpretation buy digesting the code and making sense of it. Or call/email the original equipment supplier to discuss your questions.