Does anyone Else here use "Slow HMI" files - Rockwell

Mr.Adam

This is something we have utilized before I ever took over the HMI development going clear back into the Windows XP era; We and I think Rockwell call them "Slow HMI" Files though I don't think they are used for that specific reason anymore. It a series of 4 batch files that call several other components that essentially Kill all of the Rockwell related Services and Processes (Batch files #1 and #2), then allows us to copy over specific versions of the RNAserver and RNAClient Folders (batch file #3), and the last Batch file restarts everything (batch file #4). Running all 4 requires you to run the "Factorytalk Directory Configuration Wizard" but they can be pretty handy even when you don't need to mass edit the the RNA files by only running #1, #2, and #3. We tend to use them more just to kill the screens in instances where we need to import tags or back up the application; anytime you need to make sure everything is down and no files are being accessed. One of my co-workers was able to find the updated version of these files back in 1015 when we finally started supporting Windows 7 HMIs, I am now testing out Windows 10 on my service laptop for our IT department and along with it FTV v9 for a new HMI development project; So far the "Slow HMI" files I have for Windows 7 do not kill the processes and services under windows 10 and I assume it is related to a change in paths. So far we cannot find a Windows 10 version of these files though we have not reached out to Rockwell Directly yet, it seems like these are so little known that the last time we asked about them the support reps had no idea what we were talking about.

Has anyone here ever even heard of these files or know what I am talking about? if so are any of you using them under Windows 10?

To document my progress

Been doing a lot of digging on this topic today and we have discovered that these files are part of the FT installation and Patch processes, I was able to locate current windows 10 supported versions of the files in the DVD under
\Common\2.90.00-FTSP\FTSPPost\FTViewPatches\Utils
The following specifically
DisableServices.bat
KillProcesses.bat
and
RestoreServices.bat

For the purpose above those get numbered #1, #2, and #4; #3 is a Copy.bat with the following commands

Code:
copy ".\Rockwell\RNAClient\Local\*" "C:\ProgramData\Rockwell\RNAClient\Directories\localhost\Local\*" /Y
copy ".\Rockwell\RNAServer\Local\*" "C:\ProgramData\Rockwell\RNAServer\Local\*" /Y 

pause

#3 is used to copy the RNAServer and RNAClient Folders, this is used by us when we setup new applications so we can add our standard users and Groups to a application quickly.

So far #1, #2, and #4 run but do not have access to the Services and Processes, so they fail with a "Access Denied" error. #3 tries to run but since the #1 and #2 never finish the RNA files are still being accessed and cannot be over wrote. I am probably fighting some odd domain setting related to Windows 10, but i don't know what it is.