DL205 Rack Schematic Wanted. CPU LED on

keithkyll

Does anybody have a schematic for the power supply output in a DL205 rack? This one is the 24DC version, but the standard 120V version would do as well.

Power supply failed. Diagnosis showed regulation circuit for 5 Volts failed. Went overvoltage. Protection diode across output 6.2V Zener shorted.

Powered rack with an external 5 Volt supply, but CPU LED is on. Won't communicate with Direct Soft. I don't see where there's any other voltages coming from this supply. Did I miss something?

Removed Zener and tested output under an external load. Voltage went up to 11.9V. Intermittent. There is two boards joined at 90 degrees. One solder joint was cracked. Soldered, and replaced Zener with a 3 Watt type.

Now that the supply is repaired, I reinstalled it. Ran a couple of test leads out to monitor 5 Volts. Everything looks good, but CPU LED is still on. Got another DL240 used, sold as working. Same symptoms.

I guess it's time to buy all new stuff, rack first. I don't use these anymore. I'm a P2000 guy. This is for an update to a system from 10 years ago. I did the update, tested, in production.
I'm getting all this grief trying to program a spare.