Terminator 8 channel losing 7 channels

Can you keep us posted if they ever solve the mystery

Will do,
I am still trying to wrap my head around what it could be.
We have replaced every part that makes up the terminator RIO rack except for the Digital I/O and RTD cards themselves, so I am out of options here.
Cant really mess with it any longer till next offload anyway, so that gives AD some time to think about it.
If any of you come up with other theories go ahead and shout them out. I will entertain any ideas at this point. Its the darnedest thing I have seen in a while.

Starting to think that the Moon, Venus and Mercury have all lined up and created an astronomical anomaly that pulls the voltage right out of this module.
(Makes as much since as anything else we have come up with so far) :site:

BCS

I will say this for Automation Direct, their tech support is very good.
You call the number give your company name and 30 seconds later you are talking to a real person that knows whats going on....*For Free*.... Man if that ain't refreshing. They definitely get an A+ for customer service in my book.

BCS

I was impressed with their tech support. I toured their facility and each person has their own individual office. In the tech support area each office has a desk on one wall and two walls of products, all wired and powered up so they can attempt to duplicate the customer's problem. They take great pride in their customer service, and they base employee bonuses and raises directly off of customer feedback.

Situation Update

Just thought I would update this thread.

I sent copies of my DoMore and CMore applications along with pictures and drawings of this installation to Facts Engineering (the company that makes the Terminator product for Automation Direct).

I got word today from Automation Direct that they were finally able to reproduce the problem that I am having.
:)thumb: :p At least now I know that I am not crazy....well at least not totally crazy anyway.)

Still no firm answer on what is actually causing the problem, but they are still working on it.
During my earlier phone conversations with the engineer at Facts, he confirmed that it was not due to anything in the ladder programming.

They have offered me a work around solution to get this back up and running but it will be some time before I can implement it, as we are running 24/7 and I cannot stop the process.

I will post any updates I receive.

BCS

Last edited:
Just updating this tread again.

Offloading in Dutch again so was finally able to try suggestions from AD and FACTS.

Basically raising the polling rate and lowering the watchdog of the Terminator EBC100 did the trick.

My Analog outputs now have a steady voltage output and no longer drop out.

The thinking as to why our original settings all of sudden did not work any longer is possibly that the last firmware upgrade that was installed (during our shipyard) in the DoMore processor does not play nice between the set up of the Analog output.
(These items are manufactured by 2 different outfits)

Automation Direct and Facts Engineering are still looking into the matter to find a viable solution to the problem.

I have to give props to both Automation Direct and Facts Engineering for there support on this matter.
They went right to work duplicating the problem I was seeing and came through with a solution to get us back in business.

Many thanks to both outfits for all their work and support.

Turns out Facts Engineering is located on Florida's West Coast about 1/2 hour ride from my home.
Hopefully I will find time when I get back to ride down and tour their facility.

BCS

Final Resolution to Problem

Just received word from Automation Direct that HOST has just released a new firmware update to correct the problem we were having with the Analog Output module, on our Terminator Remote I/O rack.

Anyone coming across this thread with a similar problem, you now simply get the latest firmware updates from Host, update the firmware in your controller and that should resolve the problem.

Thanks again to the support team at Automation Direct, Facts Engineering and Host Engineering. For succesfully replecating the problem we were experiencing and developing a soultion to rectify it.

Great Job guys! (y) (y)

BCS