IO check from HMI

Ripe

Hello there! I am using Siemens TIA V13 and I would like to make IO testing screens for HMI where electricians can check correct wiring. I know about PRONETA but that is not solution I want.

My idea is to create faceplates for every i/o byte/word with just simple indicators for inputs and buttons for outputs. I can use diagnostic db to find also messanges such as "wire brake". Still I am not sure if this solution is the best one. Do you have any ideas how to do this task?

Used PLC is 1516F-3 and HMI TP1500 Comfort

Hello there,

why do you want to struggle with faceplates while you have pop-up windows?

you can also define on which event to trigger pop-up window

hope I was of help :D

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Hi Guys! I was wondering whether you know of a non-painful way to check whether all the tags used in a FactoryTalk RSView project are broken or...
Replies
Views
Is there a function in Step 7 for detecting communication failure between my S7 300 PLC and my HMI (TP170A) connected to the MPI port. I want the...
Replies
Views
I was looking to buy a HMI and found this on the net. At www.nematron.com you can download their ViewBuilder software (for free) that is used to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have a Controllogix 1756-L61 with some RIO. There are a couple of 1734-OB4E's that have gone bad. (no output voltage) My boss found...
Replies
Views
Hello I am new here and new to PLC's, I wrote this program for a class that I am taking and my local tech school. The description is switch 7 will...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom