24H Averaging in Unity Pro XL

JMRoux

Hi All
I want to Average a Real value over 24H. A normal AVGMV block only works with the program cycle of max 50 cycles. And A AVGMV_K up to 10 000 if I’m correct. Is it possible to do An Average over 24H.
Thanks

Rather than a moving average, please consider using the much simpler LAG function.

Not sure if unity pro XL has this built in, but if not:

y_filt = y_filt - dt * (y_filt - x_in) / T

dt = time between samples
y_filt = filtered result
x_in = raw unfiltered signal
T = lag time period

It has similar characteristics as the moving average.

If you really need moving average 24hrs, then you will need (86,400 / dt) memory locations.

how fast do you need to sample the value for the 24 hour moving average? surely not once per second? If you want once per minute then use 1440 samples and use the enable pin on the moving average block so it only executes for one scan every minute.