New RsLogix updates require wifi?

Lupa67

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi guys, my company recently updated all of our Rockwell software and now when you try to run RsLogix 5000 with no wifi connection it comes up with "invalid licenses" but when you are hooked to a wifi signal it works. Is a wifi signal now required when trying to work with a 5000 program? If not can anyone help with what would be causing this issue?

Do you have a license server or is you license tied to your WiFi network interface card. If tied to WiFi nic it should still work as long as it is not disabled. I normally license it to HD serial but that is just my preference

We have multiple licenses per program, we go to where the company stores all of the licenses we have access to and borrow that licensed program for a set amount of time. I will have to talk to my IT department and find out where the license is tied to. I was just curious because this problem only started happening after they updated all of our software so maybe they changed something.