TIA: String text distributed in IO field

Jeroen Benoot

Hello,

I have a problem with the length of a string in an IO field.
I use TIA V13 SP1.
I want to read and write to a textfile and then show this string on a TP700.
I am able to do this with scripts, but when the length of the string exceeds the width of the panel, then the rest remains invisible.
Is there a way to make this IO field distributed, so that all the text is always visible?

Could you cut up your string and distribute it over multiple internal tags in your HMI?
In that case you would have to figure out where your spaces are, as not to cut in the middle of a word.

Could you cut up your string and distribute it over multiple internal tags in your HMI?
In that case you would have to figure out where your spaces are, as not to cut in the middle of a word.

I thought of that my self, but as you said it requires some code to find the spaces as to not separate the words.
I was just wondering if there was any other way to do this, easily implemented in WinCC.