What is the Industrial Automation Safety Standard in the U.S. ?

Good Afternoon ,

We have a number of older production machinery in our plant. My plans for 2017 is to get these machines up to todays safety standards. Do you folks know what guidelines or standards machine builders are using ?

Thanks for your advice,

Good Afternoon ,

We have a number of older production machinery in our plant. My plans for 2017 is to get these machines up to todays safety standards. Do you folks know what guidelines or standards machine builders are using ?

Thanks for your advice,

Hello Baker;
Have a look at these webpages, listing U.S. machine safety standards used today.
http://www.schmersalusa.com/cms17/opencms/html/en/service/safety_norms.html?id=4

https://www.pilz.com/en-CA/knowhow/law-standards-norms/international-standards/north-america
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Baker

My company uses a service here in Texas called OSHCON. It's run by the state but is comprehensive and up to date.

The benny is, if OSHA see's you invited OSHCON into your plant, it's almost guaranteed they won't. the down side, you have an established time line to correct deficiencies. Up to i think like 60 days.

My advise, get outside counsel that won't tell you to watch the budget when it comes to safety.