Connecting Historian SE on one PC to FactoryTalk View Studio on another PC.

@ASF Well thats better than nothing. I do have normal programming experience so thankfully my skill set, even though limited do to in-experience, is riding that line dead on. Ill do some reading into PI and see what kind of Hogwarts magic ******** i'm getting my self into.

@dmargineau, No. My understanding is that historian just collects values from whatever tags it is connected to at a set interval. So that it can then be graphed. If this is true, what needs to happen for me to select the tags I want monitored in my historian server?

Oh boy...:site:

Just a general idea of the path to be undertaken:

1. Install FTHSE.

2. Install and configure FTLD.

3. Identify the Data Source(s) (e.g. the Historian SE networked PLCs)

4. Identify, configure and start collecting selected tag data.

5. Ensure data collection functionality.

6. Connect a networked FTVSE system using the FTVSE TrendX object.

Most of the info you need is located within the two posted links and within the installed Historian SE documentation.

Good luck!...::D:D

They must be connected to the same FactoryTalk Network Directory. Make sure they are joined onto the same Network Directory. By default they would be on their own directories.

OG