FactoryTalk View Studio, Animation menu

dmned64

For no apparent I cannot select any object animation on my projects. When I highlight an object, select Animation (from the menu or via a right-click) and then select a particular animation (e.g., visibility, color, etc.) the anticipated window does not popup allowing me to complete the animation configuration.

I have done a repair of the installation and a uninstall and reinstall, all to no avail.

Thoughts?

Although I have not changed anything regarding my laptop's video resolution; it is set as high as it can go. The only change from the last time I used FTVS is I had an external monitor attached to the laptop. I suspected that might have been the issue but I tried connecting to an external monitor and still could not produce the animation popup.

Yep, new Major Release...🔨
How long is the Release Known Issues pdf?
That's why I'm hanging on on 6.1 for dear life...:D

Last edited:
I haven't had any issues with v.7 until now and this is a strange one. Unfortunately I am on a startup and a bit stuck until I get a fix.

I have connected to several different monitors since this problem arose, even one with a very high resolution (2000 x 1250, I think) and had no luck. The title bar of the ME display "dims" as if another window is taking the focus but since the animation window is not accessible it does no good.

Finally a work-around...

I pressed Alt-Spacebar to gain access to the Move/Close menu of the Animation editor window. I selected Move and then use the right arrow to move the window to the right into the visible viewing area.

Viola!

This just happened to me, but the fix above doesn't seem to be working. I can access the move/close menu and click move, but the entire display moves. This really suck.

Did you have the second monitor connected when you did this?