Omron NS10 Ethenert Coms to S7-300 PLC

I have exsisting system which we are upgrading the two HMI's from Omron NT's to new NS's. Thease will continue to comunicate via RS232 to the OMRON PLC using NT LINK(1:N).
We also have to somehow interface this system to a purewater dosing system to request a number of litres of water and a batch request command. The pure water system then needs to send the quantity batched back and a complete bit. + a handful of other status bit.

The new HMI's we are using have a Ethenet port. Is it possible to use the ethenet port on the HMI to communicate to another PLC to read write some data.
The problem is it not a OMRON PLC is a Siemens S7-300.

So my question is it possible to configure one of my OMRON HMI's to read write a block of data to a S7-300 PLC over ethernet.

PLC & HMI part numbers are below.

PLC OMRON - c200HX-CPU 64E
HMI OMRON - NS10-TV01-BV2 Omron NS10 10.4" TFT COLOUR Ethernet

Need to interface some how to this system. Need to send and receive one setpont and say a word of control and status bits.

S7-315 2PN/DP - 6ES7 315-2EH13-0AB0

Ethernet - I do not think so. In list of available hosts (drivers), there are no Siemens PLCs (screenshot 03.jpg).

But, in Serial port 2 (B), which is RS485, there is (screenshot 04.jpg). So I believe that is possible to connect NS10 to MPI port on S7-300. You can define partner (S7-300) MPI address, rack, slot etc., network baudate (max 115,2Kbit/s- you must use 19,2 common for NS and S7-300!!!!!!!).

Please try then inform us here if you had any success.
It's easy job, make you own cable (do not forget to terminate at end nodes).

Forum 03.jpg Forum 04.jpg

Last edited: