TwinCAT 3, NC / Motion, NC control, how to?

tevious

Hello,

I completed a first simulation project with TC3 to control a single axis in PTP mode, using both NC / Motion and PLC (thanks to TC2_MC2) working together.

First, I'd to know what is the difference between NC I module and CNC module?

Now I'll have to make a more complicated project with interpolation. This time I would like to place the head with a tool of a 3D robot to a position.
In the NC / Motion part I declare my axis as usual and now I need to add a new channel for interpolation.
Then, I declare my PLC as usual too...

But now what can I do?
Usually, NC unit can be driven using g-code, but I don't want to use that. I know that TC allow NC driving with FB, but I don't know which ones and how to use them.
For PTP it was easy with the FB of TC2_MC2 and some basic inputs to choose a position to reach and to run the process.

But now, I read some g-code examples and Beckhoff's help and it's more complicated than just giving a target position.

Do you have some tuto, examples or resources to manage this, I don't know how to start :rolleyes:

Thanks.