FactorytalkV9 and SLC500

Anyone able to point me in the right direction ??

Panelbuilder32 application modified to FactorytalkV9. First I was hit with enhanced version of operator interface (we don't have) So I imported the tags directly into Factoytalk. Looked like RSview32 without the RSLInx OPC server. This was really slow. I figured that bits and integers were being translated to words inside the Tag database. So I removed all the tags and installed rewrote all the tags with online tag database, reading directly from the PLC. It appears that this increased the I/O speed however instead of 6 - 7 seconds were down to 4 seconds.

Note all my screens are replacement screens, I tried overlays but had disappointing results.

When I use Factorytalk on Controllogix the I/O is quick and no lag is really noticed. Is this an inherent problem with the older SLC 5/05. Note this is one of the latest 5/05. And It is set to Auto negotiate.

Another thing I notice when a screen pops up I see all the layers of my graphics populating the screen takes several seconds to complete (There are a lot of tags per screen, but not an insane amount of tags.

One Idea I had was to use one screen and Hide and unhide the remaining screens I would have almost 10 screens stacked on top of each other. I don't like this as it would be difficult for someone else to modify a nested screen.

Anyone able to shed some light on this ??