Tap into a S5 and HMI TTY communication

Kelkoon

Dear PLCsers,

I have a client that has a S5 (95U) communicated with an operator panel using TTY through the PG port. The PLC code an be uploaded the the operator panel code can't.

I'd like to be able to tap into the S5 to operator panel and extract which data it's accessing to be able to create a project with a new operator panel and then be able to migrate the S5 to a S7-1500.

Do you know of any hardware that allows to tap into a TTY communication?

Do you know of any software that can decode the communication into the accessed memory or DBs used for reading or writing?

Best regards,
Kelkoon

Similar Topics

Hi Guys, Another thread with 5400 switches and ETAPs. See below the current architecture. I have 6 remote IO boxes, each with a pair of...
Replies
Views
Are you able to use the drop cable (node connector portion) of a t tap to connect to one side of another t tap to make a three way cable...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have an application where I want to make a DLR where part is done in Fibre (using the Flex5000 SFP adapters, ETAP-2F for 1719 IO...
Replies
Views
My basic question is, what is a passive tap on an RS-232 line, and what is a derivation cable? It sounds like a passive tap would just be wires...
Replies
Views
Hi All The subject is my question: is it possible to detect double-tap on the screen in FT View ME? Thanks in advance!
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom