PanelView 300 Micro time/date

Razzor

R
Hey gang

Does anyone know how I might display the date and time on a Panelview 300 micro (also using Micrologix 1500).

Thanx for any replies

Thats easy. You can do it in several ways...Use scrolling text or a simple Nummeric Data Display Object in PanelBuilder Software and have a embedded variable in it of time and of date, if you so desire.
You will need PanelBuilder Software and the cables for doing this.

Thats the direction I was going, but I`m not sure where to get the time and date values from in the Micro 1500. It doesn`t have the time and date in the S:37-39 like a SLC5/04 etc. has.

Any Ideas? (It is probebly there somewhere. I just can`t find it.

The micrologix 1500 has a realtime clock but it is stored in the function file. Address is RTC:0.YR, .MON, .HR, ...

grs

You will need a 1764-MM1RTC chip on your controller for doing this.

You can use the RTC file, find it under .. controller...function files...

First of all I think you need to actual purchase a real time clock module. If you got that then the addresses are

Year RTC:0.YR
Day RTC:0.DAY
Day Of Week RTC:0.DOW
Hour RTC:0.HR
Minute RTC:0.MIN
Month RTC:0.MON

and there are several others. Look in the "Function Files", under the controller folder in RSLogix 500 and go to the "RTC" tab.

Darren

Hey this is a good site...but somehow my query isnt yet solved here..Is anyone out here a expert on MODICON?

Under Objects, insert Text, then Embedded Variables Time, and then Date, and then you may want to adjust the size of the font. Once you download to PanelView set the time and date under the configuration screen. Accessing Configuration Mode can be found on page 18 of the PanelView 300 Micro terminal 41061-156-01(A). Press and release both the Left and Right arrow keys simultaneously to enter

Once you've set the PanelView time/date from the configuration screen, if you want to use its clock to display the date and time instead of reading tags from the MicroLogix, simply create a text object and in the Inner Text field, enter /*T*/ for time and /*D*/ for the date. When the application runs, it will them display the internal date/time varibles in the text object(s).