Crimson FTP Server / Sync Manager question

KNeland

I was wondering if anybody has experience initiating use of the FTP Server in Crimson 3.
I have reviewed the manual but am not clear with the setup of the external computer I want to "push" the log files into. I won't have an FTP service on the said computer to reach into the HMI, but want to instead utilize sync manager to send the files into our "server" at the intervals setup in the Crimson software.

Is this simply as easy as entering the "server IP address" ? I think my confusion is with the "Base Directory" field .....This is a directory in the target computer?(not the redlion...yes?)

Any help is much appreciated.

Is this simply as easy as entering the "server IP address" ? I think my confusion is with the "Base Directory" field .....This is a directory in the target computer?(not the redlion...yes?)

Any help is much appreciated.

It is pretty easy to get working. If your G3 ethernet ip address is a manual entry (fixed IP) I think the FTP site you sync with must also be entered as a fixed IP. I had problems getting it to work with a server name in that field. Using a fixed IP makes this part a no brainer.

My IT dept. set up the server for me, and said I needed nothing in the base directory field, that the login to the server automatically made the root (as seen by the G3) the correct choice.

For port number I have 21 (i think it was automatically chosen).
Login Username and password were given to me by IT.
Data Connection: Standard
List Mode: Per directory
Keep alive 10 seconds
Record Log File: yes (can be handy if you have problems)
Log Sync base directory: (none)
My sync period is 1 hour with no delay.

Thanks again Okie, the setup is definitely as easy as it appears. I'll be using the same when we run our batches next week, and see how it works.