Running FESTO FPC-405 software on WinME

simplelogix

Hi Control Engineers,

I have a pc running WinMe OS. I got hold of a 2nd hand FESTO FPC-405 plc which runs its software on MS-DOS. (I dont know what version of MS-DOS). The software also runs on my pc with WinME and I can write code. But when compiling, it gives me an error message saying, "Incorrect MS-DOS version". And then the PC just hangs there!

Does anyone know how I can get around this without actually going out and buying WinXP?

Thanks for all your help.

Regards
simplelogix

My preference when working with dos software is to install a dual boot with a 600Mb dos partition and install dos & win 3.1 for ease of file handling.

I have dos, w2k & xp for watching DVD's and other tarty stuff.

However ....

If your program will fit on a floppy, then copy it to a floppy.

Make a dos boot disk and reboot your pc from the dos boot disk. Remove the boot disk and then run the program floppy. Not the best way, but the cheapest.

Cheers,

F