Logix compare tool

phuz

I'm sure I'm missing something here, but can't figure out when it happened or how to remedy it.
I need to compare some Logix5000 files (v16) but for some reason, the compare tool no longer exists in the start menu or in the tools menu in Logix. I tried to open the Logix Designer compare tool, but it tells me the correct version is not installed, and I assume this is because Logix designer is for >= v21. So I downloaded the Logix 5000 compare tool and tried to install it, but it tells me a newer version is already installed.

As a temporary fix, I can fire up a VM and run it on an older install, but I would like to resolve this.
Thanks.

compare tool not showing up in menu

you select the compare tool, when you install RSLOGIXs
So start up the installation software again and select the compare tool option and it will install it onto your menu bar.