I/I Converter: 4 - 20 mA to 0 -600 mA

Grouper

I have an application that required an current to current converter from 4 -20 mA to 0 -600 mA. I prefer to have off - shell product. Any information related to this subject are appreciated.

Thanks

Grouper,

I have never seen a signal converter in the 0 to 600 miliamp range. that is an oddball range. It will take an oddball soultion.

ramaslabas said:
What kind of equipment use this 0-600 mA. It is possible to make some small amplifier for it.

Ramunas

We have what we call DIB boards on our Injection Molding Machines. They take a 0-10 vdc signal and convert it to a 0-900 ma signal.
This signal is used to fire the proportional valves.

This board was built by the OEM of the Injection Mold Machine.

You could try a search on Hydraulic Valve Control and turn up something that way. I found this company when I searched that way

http://www.axiomatic.com/index.html I believe that if thewy do not already have it they could build what you want.

0-600ma converter

I have used several hydraulic proportional controls that have the electronic controller built into a din style connector cap that do exactally what you are trying to do. I have used both 12vdc and 24vdc units. Each had trimmer controls for dither, ramp, frequency, min current, max current, etc. Input on these units was 0 to +10vdc.
You could remove the controller and mount it in any container as required. I'm currently not at work and I can only think of the Wanflu brand. Calling around to vendors like Hydraulic Controls may help.

Hope this helps.
Schmitty

0-10v/4-20ma

For some reason I didn't catch the 4-20ma input requirements. Must have been in a hurry. If you can't find a controller with current input, you can load the output of the 4-20ma sorce with a 500(or nearest standard value) resistor to obtain a 2-10v output to drive the 0-10v input of the controller. Then simply use the controller scaling (min-max pots) to match your requirements.

This current is off capabilities for signal converters.

You should look for a small linear DC servo amplifier, this is basically a DC drive for small DC servo motor.

You'll find plenty of them outputing 1 amp current.

Just make sure it is not pulse modulated (linear is OK)