AB PV 7 & **** Cosy Modem

Sydneyguy

Hi all
So on one of my remote installations with a PV 7 I have an HMS e w o n 4G Cosy coupled with it to giev remote VPN access, the customer has wanted to add email functionality from the HMI.

I have configured the e w o n cosy as per this article,
https://forum.hms-networks.com/t/sending-emails-using-hmi/284/2

I have set the PV7 DNS to 8.8.8.8. From the PV7 I can ping www.google.com

I have set up my PV7 email settings as follows.
Email Server- smtp.google.com ( i have also tried SMPT)
server port- 465
user id- mytestemail
user pass- testemailpass
subject- test
to- [email protected]
from address- [email protected]

However I run into two errors when I try to send a test email.
Either 'Connection to teh server is closed while receiving data. Error Code 21'
Or
'Failed to get host name by address. Error Code 6'

Now what is strange is when i run this runtime on my local PC, works perfectly, no errors, but on the remote PV7, I run into these errors.

I have checked back and forth, factory reset and so on, but feel like i'm missing something obvious?

Cheers

I know nothing of PVs. For gmail I use:
smtp.gmail.com
port 587
tls - on
tls start tls - on

Can you browse the web if you have a laptop connected to the e_WON? You will have to set the IP address bits on the laptop because the e_WON doesn't have DNS server facilities.

I checked my last email project and the server was: smtp.gmail.com

port = 465
SSL = 1
Anonymous = 0

smtp.google.com isn't correct for gmail (i assume Oz is the same)

In the gmail settings on the gmail account you may need to enable access by less secure applications. The error message sound like a DNS problem, did you follow the advice from e_WON about setting the Gateway address on the PV to the LAN address of the e_WON.