Will Veto Pro Tech Pac LT hold a 17" laptop?

strantor

I'm looking at the Tech Pac LT. I quote the Veto Pro website:

LAPTOP STORAGE: Will accomodate most 15" laptops (15"x10"x1.5" is the max). For 17" laptop storage, see our XLT laptop-tool bag (not a backpack).

Problem is I want a Backpack, I want it to be awesome like a Veto, and I want to put my Lenovo P70 in it. The P70 is 16.38" x 10.85" x 1.35". I think Veto is playing it safe with dimensions; I think there is more room than what they are saying. I have scoured the internet and found plenty of pictures of the Tech Pac LT with a 15" laptop in it, and it looks like there ample room for a larger laptop.

In my searches I've found people saying "there's plenty of room, you should be able to fit a 17" laptop no problem." But I've not found anyone saying "yeah I keep a Lenovo P70 in there and it fits just fine." Nor have I found anyone saying "just measured the laptop slot and the actual dimensions are W" x L" x H."

If anyone here has the Tech Pac LT, I would be super grateful if you could measure that laptop pouch for me and tell me if my laptop would fit in it.

Here is an example of why I do not believe Veto's claim of only accommodating a 15" laptop. The guy says this a 15" laptop in the slot. Looks like it has room for a laptop 2-3" wider and 3-4" taller. Or should I believe that he's wront about the size of is laptop?

https://youtu.be/vW3r1LEu6qs?t=461

15laptop.jpg