ELSE
		Dest_DINT_Array[x]:= 0;
END_FOR;

KISS:

XIC Tag.0 OTE D[0].0
XIC Tag.1 OTE D[1].0
XIC Tag.2 OTE D[2].0
XIC Tag.31 OTE D[31].0

32 rungs but you could make a AOI out of it.

There's nothing inappropriate about brute force for a simple function like this. It's a very good opportunity to make use of the Add-On Instruction feature of ControlLogix.

Code:
If Source_DINT.0  Then Destination_DINT_Array[0] := 1 ; else Destination_DINT_Array[0] := 0 ; End_If ;

Ken,

I tried this as a test, created an AOI and it balked saying that the input & output tags for an AOI can not be dimensioned. And I tried to make Destination_DINT_Array a controller tag, but the AOI wouldn't see that as an available tag.

I don't have a lot of Studio5000 experience, so maybe I am missing something? I am using version 26.01.

Edit - I just looked at the latest posts and downloaded the structured text manual.

Last edited:
I could do an indirect rung, would take 32 scans to complete.

I am just doing brute force, at lease it will be easy to understand 3 months from now when someone is looking at it.

Thanks anyway.

I remember doing tasks like this in PLC5, which is why I couldn't figure this out in the logix PLCs

Why would you iterate once per scan? Complete the loop in a single scan. This simple loop will have no impact on your scan.

Ken,

I tried this as a test, created an AOI and it balked saying that the input & output tags for an AOI can not be dimensioned. And I tried to make Destination_DINT_Array a controller tag, but the AOI wouldn't see that as an available tag.

I don't have a lot of Studio5000 experience, so maybe I am missing something? I am using version 26.01.

Edit - I just looked at the latest posts and downloaded the structured text manual.

Try setting your array parameter as an InOut parameter, like so :

melMvHk.jpg

Last edited: