PLC Hardware Config.

Akan

Hi,
Please I am new to Siemens Step 7 Simatic manager. I have a system with s7 300 cpu which has a profibus interface module IM 153-2. Inside the hardware configuration of the program I have uploaded from the CPU I cannot see the IM 153-2 and the I/Os.
could someone please explain to me? Thank you.

I have a couple of thoughts...
Did you upload into a new project with PLC> upload station to PG..? from Simatic Manager

AND
Is that exact IM153-2 in the catalog of your version of Simatic Manager

Thanks for your response. Actually I uploaded to a new project with PLC>Upload Station to PG. Is that not supposed to be the case?

For the other thought, I checked from my simatic manager catalog and realized I do not have the exact IM 153-2, but will I be able to see it if I download and install the GSD files for that IM ?

What is your version of STEP7 ?
IM153-2 (profibus IM for ET200M) is one of the most important modules in the catalog and has been there for a very long time. If it is not in the catalog, your STEP7 may bee to old.
You can try to update the catalog. In the HW Configurator, go to Options ... Install HW Updates, chose to download from the internet.
If your STEP7 is very old, it may not have the feature to download from the internet.

Hi, JesperMP. Thanks for your comments. My version is 5.5+SP1 Revision level K5.5.1.0. I tried doing the “install HW Updates” but I don’t seam to have any updates.

That is quite recent. I would guess that even late versions of IM153-2 would be present.
What exactly is the type no of the IM153-2 ?

Apart from the above, I would suspect that if you upload a complete project with hardware that is not in the hardware catalog, the hardware would be present but marked with question marks.
That they are completely absent sounds to me that something else has gone wrong.

JesperPM, I have other IM 153-2 but non of them matches the order number I have on the hardware I have in the system. The order number is 153-2BA10-0XB0.

6ES7153-2BA??-0XB0 is supported from STEP7 V5.4 SP3.
Update the HW Catalog. It is a 2-stage process. You fetch the latest HW update via the internet.
A number of hardware entries that have been downloaded will appear in a list.
You then install the hardware in the list.

I tried downloading this gsd from the Siemens website but I couldn’t get it. If you have a link to this gsd kindly assist. Thank you