CoDeSys EtherNet/IP Scanner Configuration Assembly data

I added "ip=192.168.21.15" to the end of the line in /boot/cmdline.txt

When I reboot, the Raspberry Pi happily boots up and starts CoDeSys correctly, and all the lights go green and blinky.

I'm not sure why. cmdline.txt is one of the very first things that Linux looks at when it starts up, to configure the serial debug console. Just adding that one line doesn't set up the netmask or the gateway or the DNS servers. ...

I just found this somewhere after googling /boot/cmdline.txt

Code:
ip=192.168.1.200::192.168.1.1:255.255.255.0:rpi:eth0:off

I suspect that is

Code:
ip=RpiIP:GatewayIP:Netmask:Hostname?:Interface:Huh?
In your case, it probably does not care about the gateway, it defaults to /24 for the netmask, and there is only one ethernet port.

Some more googling would remove the question marks.

Some more googling would remove the question marks.

Boy did I get that wrong; apparently the code is where they are documented. E.g. check this out:

https://elinux.org/RPI_BCM2708_Parameters#module:_sdhci-bcm2708

Almost every footnote reference is a Github commit or pull request!

hahahahahahahaha

Okay, this gets you close, then here i.e.

Code:
ip=<client-ip>:<server-ip>:<gw-ip>:<netmask>:<hostname>:<device>:<autoconf>
 :<dns0-ip>:<dns1-ip>
We live in amazing times, eh?

Last edited: