"ME_Data_Store" folder

MattMatt9

Hey,

One of my HMIs is getting too full with data logs so I am planning on removing a lot of the tags and keeping what me need. Then I will run them through file viewer to convert them to CSV to condense them more.

On the HMI there is the folder specified in title that is already generating CSV files of things like motor currents, alarms, etc. Is this a common folder on these devices? How do I see where the files are coming from?

Its just a regular PC with FT View Studio and FT View SE on it. Im just more so wondering how to see where these files are being generated. Is there somewhere in FT View Studio that generates CSV files automatically? I know there is file viewer that generates CSV files but cant tell if thats where these CSV files are coming from...

This is what they look like. I have no idea where they are originating from. Not from data log within FT View Studio.

FT View.PNG

In your post you specify you're using Site Edition on the PC, but the folder name points to the files coming from a Machine Edition on a PanelView. The other interesting thing is that typically a datalog creates a .TAG file and not .CSV. I know that ME has a "CSV Export Setup" but I've never used it so not sure if that's is what's being used.

Either way, if this folder is actively growing then it most likely is coming from a PanelView (or potentially a test environment on a PC). I would look into that first.

Looks like they are coming from a Data Store Plus Active X, it will be somewhere in your project, usually started by the the first screen to load and placed off-screen.

If you don't need the data, set it to auto delete. If you do, then you can set it to write to a networked drive.

There are no PanelViews (just 2 operators HMIs) on this network so can't be that. And there is no Data Store Plus Active X on the PC. So not either one of those. The thing is I dont want to delete the files they have lots of good information. I just have no clue where they are coming from which is odd.

there is no Data Store Plus Active X on the PC.

The name of the file path, and the CSV nature of the data stored there, suggests very strongly that there is.

Are you 100% sure that your PC is running Site Edition, not Machine Edition ?

I found it. There was a display called "activex datastore". Did not realize it would be a display. So all is good thanks for help.