pump control system w/ crouzet millenium 3

er1k

Hi@all!

I need some help concerning a Crouzet Millenium 3.

I want to build a control system for 3 hydraulic pump stations.

The outputs of the Crouzet PLC are the inputs of the PLC of the pump stations. I am not sure if this works because of the minimum load of the PLCs outputs. Can I just add a parallel resistor to reach the minimum current? Is it correct to use relay outputs for that?

I am also not sure if there will be some troubles because of the different grounds?

Erik

details please!

er1k said:
nobody has an answer for me?

er1k, One possible reason for a lack of responses is the lack of details in your post.

er1k said:
The outputs of the Crouzet PLC are the inputs of the PLC of the pump stations. I am not sure if this works because of the minimum load of the PLCs outputs. Can I just add a parallel resistor to reach the minimum current? Is it correct to use relay outputs for that?

1. I'm confused to why you would need a smart relay for your plc inputs.
2. You state that the outputs of the smart relay are for the plc inputs, then you talk about minimum load on the plc outputs. We don't know what the plc outputs are controlling.
3. Is this an existing setup and it's not working now? Or is this a new setup that you can't get to work?
4. You speak of different grounds. Do you mean that the control voltage has different supplies and neutrals?
5. We need to know what voltage the plc inputs are and what voltage you are switching with the smart relay.