Laptop stands/Pedestals?

images

https://www.amazon.com/Magbench-Wor...4588262&sr=8-1&keywords=magnetic+laptop+shelf

These work like a champ for us.

I use an old projector stand bought very cheaply in a charity shop. It's the perfect height for standing and the laptop fits well on top.

Last edited:
My only problem with the magbench is that at least half of my clients are in the food & beverage industry, so everything is stainless steel :p and even more annoyingly, it's the F&B sites that are always the hardest to find somewhere to sit your laptop, because flat surfaces are deliberately engineered out for dust accumulation reasons!

My only problem with the magbench is that at least half of my clients are in the food & beverage industry, so everything is stainless steel :p and even more annoyingly, it's the F&B sites that are always the hardest to find somewhere to sit your laptop, because flat surfaces are deliberately engineered out for dust accumulation reasons!

Yeah, half our JIC cans are stainless, but there is always something near enough to attach to. Magnets are super strong, leaning on is not a factor if surface is flat.

FYI, for that magnetic desk, you can save $100 and buy an 8 pack of those magnets for $14 and then make/buy a 90deg fold down table for $20 (amzn.com/B07FL7NCYN)

FYI, for that magnetic desk, you can save $100 and buy an 8 pack of those magnets for $14 and then make/buy a 90deg fold down table for $20 (amzn.com/B07FL7NCYN)

If I had to pay for for it, I would have the orange bucket. Since the company is an international multi million entity, i dont care what they pay for it. We throw away more material every month than my annual salary.

One base wire on the paper machine is 80k and we go through them 4 at a time som months, they can afford a one time $200 purchase for a laptop when downtime is 10k an hour or more

I'd be paranoid that those mag benches could cause some problems with electronics if you were sticking them to an enclosure...

I'd be paranoid that those mag benches could cause some problems with electronics if you were sticking them to an enclosure...

I think the permanent magnetic field is not strong enough to do harm. It would be rapidly changing magnetic fields that I'd be paranoid with.

I dunno... rare earth magnets can really mess up a hard drive, can't they? Anything in there that was storing data wouldn't like to be an inch away from one.