Communication between PG and S7 CPU3xx MPI frozen

RMA

For the benefit of anyone else who manages to get a Siemens 300 series CPU so confused that it is impossible to communicate with it via the MPI regardless of what you do, you may find some answers to your problem here.

In my case the problems were with a CP5611 and an MPI adapter, but most of it should apply to other devices as well. In particular there is the solution for how to get the MPI back communicating with a normal MPI adapter at 187,5 kb/s. It also involved recovering from ill-considered first attempts at configuring a PC-Station using the Station Configurator in simatic net.

Don't be put off by the thread's title - my first post was in all innocence, but we then proceeded to drag the thread off at a complete tangent! The relevant postings start at Post 11.

Last edited: