A Free HMI with Eye Catching Graphics is Now Available

At Last An Open Source SCADA that Looks Great

Nice piece of software that I'm sure will only increase in popularity as more drivers are added. Personally, I would like to see MODBUS drivers both RTU and Ethernet! Great Work!

AdvanceHMI

Simply GREAT,

I am trying to use this tool for connecting On serial Modbus, though every setting is OK , unable to connect. Trying out various possibilities . When done I will post the results .

For anyone wanting to use the Modbus driver, it is the least tested and mature driver, so it is still lacking in full address support.

When I developed it, I only had a Modbus simulator for testing. It was never tested on any real PLC hardware.

What are some common hardware platforms people are using that talks Modbus? I can try to get the actual hardware and further develop the driver.

Why MODBUS ?

Modbus is relatively very simple protocol to implement. Host of Automation devices (independent of vendors) like controllers, drives , smart instruments etc support this protocol. This does not require any special adapters etc. So for any cost Conscious system this is best comm protocol.

Now , I am trying out AdvanceHMI with PIDcontroller Modbus RTU, baudrate 9600, 8 databits, 2 stopbits, None parity. Node address 2, registers I am trying to read from PID are having address 4096 , 4097 . I am connecting thru RS232 RS485 convertor as Controller has RS485 port.
With these paramters it connects well with MODSCAN or any other modbus system, so hardware , cables , connectors etc are proven.
Now the point is, out of these Modbus parameters, only some can be set in AdvanceHMI , on Modbus control or in vb code of Modbus.vb. If I could set other parameters surely it will connect. Some progress is made, i am sure it will come thru.
Thnks,
Shriram pendse

Archie do you want an Automation Direct PLC as well as that S7-200? You can use hat AD as a modbus slave and maybe a master I am not sure about a master

Archie do you want an Automation Direct PLC as well as that S7-200? You can use hat AD as a modbus slave and maybe a master I am not sure about a master

I'm going out on a limb here and saying it is almost always better to have the HMI be the Modbus master and the PLC be the slave.

If I'm not mistaken, you can set up a Micrologix to be a Modbus slave but I have never tried it

Archie I am opeing up the hardware vault to you. Tell me what you need and I will send it to you. I still haven't put that in the mail but I will.

AdvancedHMI

Hi there

I haved never worked with vb before but got advancedHMI up and running with twincat driver after only a few seconds, really nice software. I´ve been playing around for a while but i cant find any control for just input a value with the keybord to a PLC Variable.
For example write value 55 to a integer variable.

Thanks and keep up the good work :geek: .
//JN

Archie I am opeing up the hardware vault to you. Tell me what you need and I will send it to you. I still haven't put that in the mail but I will.
Jeff
For right now I am going to focus on the Siemens driver. It takes quite a bit of time to develop and test the drivers. Work is getting busy, so my time to dedicate to the drivers is getting slimmer.

But I may take you up on the offer in a few months after the Siemens driver is solid.

I haved never worked with vb before but got advancedHMI up and running with twincat driver after only a few seconds, really nice software. I´ve been playing around for a while but i cant find any control for just input a value with the keybord to a PLC Variable.
For example write value 55 to a integer variable.
I think what you are looking for is the Keypad component. It looks like a calculator.

Hi again Archie!

Just one more question about the keypad. I can´t get the keypad to work with decimal for example if i write 55,5 to a lreal variable it shows as 555 in twincat, does the keypad only works with integer, or am i doing anything wrong. I have set the value for allowdecimal to true under misc in VB.

thanks
JN

Decimal in keypad

Found the problem it has to do with in sweden we use , not .
in the row below i changed "." to ","

If ValueString.IndexOf(".") < 0 And m_AllowDecimal Then ValueString &= ","
instead of

If ValueString.IndexOf(".") < 0 And m_AllowDecimal Then ValueString &= "."