A Free HMI with Eye Catching Graphics is Now Available

I'm going out on a limb here and saying it is almost always better to have the HMI be the Modbus master and the PLC be the slave.

If I'm not mistaken, you can set up a Micrologix to be a Modbus slave but I have never tried it
I 2nd the HMI being the master comment.

Hi

I have another problem when i use the control windowopenbutton it opens a new form and it works good, but when i´m closing this form i get the following error(se the screenprint). Anyone that has any idea what this could be.

thanks
JN

Error.jpg

Hi
Without spending a long time looking through the code, you're getting the error because tmrPollList has the wrong number of elements for the operation being carried out. This might be because an element hasn't been disposed that should have been, or something similar.
Are you using the WindowCloseButton to close the window? Archie probably wrote the code intending that this would be used to close the form, so perhaps it performs the necessary cleanup? (Is that right Archie?) So try using the WindowCloseButton.
Cheers
Dan

Thanks for the reply Dan, but i found the problem i had the component alarmgrid activated on the form and for some reason i had the parameter "Plc number of words" set to 2 changing this to 1 solved the problem.

//JN

I have another problem when i use the control windowopenbutton it opens a new form and it works good, but when i´m closing this form i get the following error(se the screenprint). Anyone that has any idea what this could be.
Something doesn't seem right with my code. Try to change the one line to this and see if it works:

tmrPollList(0).Enabled = False

Maple Systems

I got the oppurtunity to use a Maple Systems HMI. The Development software is $75. It communicates on the Ethernet and has drivers for a slew of PLCs and Motor controllers. I have been playing around with the software at home over the wireless to my SLC5/05.

I got the oppurtunity to use a Maple Systems HMI. The Development software is $75. It communicates on the Ethernet and has drivers for a slew of PLCs and Motor controllers. I have been playing around with the software at home over the wireless to my SLC5/05.

So? What are you trying to tell us?

Downloaded VB8 and the advanced HMI. I have been looking for an HMI that can talk to AB without the R$Linx and has some open flexibility. Why do I need the R$linx gateway to get to my PLC, except to pay more. You want DDE links then pay some more. Why not put the driver$ in the application $oftware. The Maple Systems offers these drivers for Omron, Mitsu,Siemens S7-300 Series MPI,ect. with no additional cost. I get alot of horse power out of data logging and trending.

will this work for seimesn MPI
its looks great,
I currently only have an S7-200 for driver development, so I am unable to test it with MPI for now. From the documentation I have seen, MPI and PPI are not very different, so once the PPI is working, it should not take much effort to get it to work with MPI.

Excelent man. I appriciate your efforts. Can i use this on the following system
PLC GEFUNAC 90-30 Cpu 351
SNPX driver
I have no ethernet , modobus modules
Reply plz and guide me

Can i use this on the following system
PLC GEFUNAC 90-30 Cpu 351
SNPX driver
I have no ethernet , modobus modules
The current release does not have any drivers for GE. The next major release adds drivers for ControlLogix and Siemens, but still nothing for GE. I get very few requests for GE and I do not use them in any of my work, so its difficult to justify the time to develop the driver.