Programming PLC Omron CPM 1A

Anthony30

A
Greetings:

I have a copy of Syswin 3.4 and I am I want to reprogram my Omron CPM1A. I can figure out the connections easily enough. I want to change some of the timing that came defaulted on the chip. Does anyone have any tips for some one who is new to this type of application?

Cheers,

Anthony

The PLC is part of a 'bagging' machine and I want to reduce the time inbetween each bag that is used for calibrating the weight of the bag. I would rather sacrafice weight for speed. Any help would be great

Can you get online?
If so, go to the timer you want to change and double click on the timer. A pop up block will appear. In the "Value" field, enter the new value you want the timer to have. Don't erase the "#" sign and watch your zeroes!

If that doesn't help, throw a little rice at it.

(Sorry Arik-- I had to.)

Last edited:
Rube

That my grain of rice.

You forgot Alt+Enter to confirm the change.Then Enter again(depend how your Syswin set up)

Rice is allways good.My mother family came from Iraq in the 50s
they are like the Chinese rice and tea must be in evry meal, so you can imagine why I like Omron and rice too.

So that's how you save a change! I've always just clicked somewhere else and said yes when Syswin asked me if I wanted to continue. I was gonna pick your brain about online editting in Syswin but I'm taking our last Omron out and putting in an AB next week.
Thanks Arik--

When I was using Syswin, I had it set up so that "page down" wrote the changes to the PLC. I was then already into the next rung to start again.

Use CX-Programmer these days. Version 4.01 is even better than the last one. The monitor area shows a value in whatever word type you wish plus binary alongside. You beauty!!!! I can look at bits again whithout having slow old green light graphics slowing down the update. Give me "1"s and "0"s any day.

beerchug

Rube

You can set Syswin in a way that you need to clike on any runk and the change will save .But that for someone who familiar with the software.
I am sorry to hear that you going to replace Omron with AB.
I dont think it good idea.
As Bob mention CX-Programer is very good software you mont need the mouse at all. you can set the keyboard as you want.that give the option to program very fast.
I use V4.0 I thought that the latest version now I have to get 4.01
They release new version evry 2 month.

It was bound to happen.

When I hired on here, the plant already had 2 Omron-controlled lines and 5 AB controlled lines. The Engineering Dept. did not include a Maintenance section for a long time and the integration company my company used switched tracks in midstream, going from Omron to AB PLCs. There was no "Hey--why don't we keep the PLCs the same?" mentality. Since my hiring, we've gotten new HMI's, Data Highway, etc. That's where the PLC change occurs. We want to standardize all our PLCs and spare cards, etc., and get everything on the Highway so the Omrons had to go.
We have a copy of CX-Programmer, but the writing was on the wall when I hired on: learn Syswin OR CXP, no sense learning both of them. The "programmer" that setup the lines originally said Syswin was easier to learn so I went that route.
I have a huge comfort level with RSLogix and have no problems or fears of other PLC platforms. Hell, I taught myself AB, taught myself enough to get around in Syswin, and taught myself Panelbuilder. I don't run off too easy.