FT View Station and system Tags

smohamed

Hello all,

I am having an issue with system tags in an FT View SE Station program I've created. A bit of background (based on a previous post).

We have a Client machine and a Server machine running FT View SE Client and FT View Server respectively. Our customer wanted us to create a low cost backup, so we setup a laptop and installed FT View SE Station on it.

I imported the tag db, screens, parameters, and events from the server machine and re-created the communication links to all the devices.

At this point, I can launch the application, get info on all my equipment and am able to control the equipment as well. However, at this time I have a system clock and date in the top left hand corner. When I launch the app, it just comes up as retangular boxes where the numbers should be. I don't quite understand. I shut-down, restarted, and that came up with "Synchronizing database" when re-launching, but the same issue, it doesn't come up.

I created a simple tag with system/Date and that comes up with a box.

Any ideas?

So apparently I did not wait that long, a re-start and launching the application again comes back with the time and date... Not sure why this keeps happening, anyone see this happen at all?

Thanks.

From AB technote 31937:
Cause:
The graphic's display settings are configured to "Size to main window at runtime". This rescaling is what causes the Time And Date object to appear blank. This behavior has been observed on Windows XP (both service pack 1 and 2).
Solution:
Use any of the following:
  1. Avoid using "Size to main window" and manually specify the graphic's size in pixels to fill the main window.
  2. Create a string display that uses system\DateAndTimeString.
  3. Build an object from system tags that simulates the Time And Date object. An example that has been created using RSView SE v3.20 is attached below:

godfrey,

I appreciate the response back. I will have to keep it in mind if I run into that issue again.

Thanks,

smohamed