Programming Schneider Momentum PLC with RSLogix5000?

krakenfan69

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a customer that would like to move away from Wonderware to RSlogix5000. They currently have Schneider TSX PLCs at their location and would like to minimize the upgrade by being able to use the existing PLCs with RSLogix if possible and then upgrade them as they need to later and any new PLCs would be AB. Does anyone know if this is possible? I have a request in to AB but just thought I would ask here if anyone had any experience with this.

Thanks,

Kraken Fan #69

I have a customer that would like to move away from Wonderware to RSlogix5000. They currently have Schneider TSX PLCs at their location and would like to minimize the upgrade by being able to use the existing PLCs with RSLogix if possible and then upgrade them as they need to later and any new PLCs would be AB. Does anyone know if this is possible? I have a request in to AB but just thought I would ask here if anyone had any experience with this.

Thanks,

Kraken Fan #69

I think you have a few things mixed up here. Wonderware is a SCADA HMI software package. RSLogix5000 is the programming software for Compact and Controllogix. It can't be used to program anyone else's PLCs. Rockwell's SCADA HMI software package is FTView.

They will be able to monitor and program their Schneider PLCs with RSLogix 5000 just as well as they can with Wonderware. That is to say, not at all.

It has been several years since the last time I did a project with Wonderware, but unless things have changed since then, Wonderware is HMI/SCADA software. You can use it to communicate with a TSX PLC and if the PLC is so programmed, you can make things happen on the machine in response to events originating from the Wonderware project. You can't use Wonderware to monitor or modify the program in the TSX PLC.

RSLogix 5000 is programming software for Allen Bradley Control Logix and Compact Logix PLCs. You can't use it to monitor or modify the program in a TSX PLC.

Sorry. No experience with Wnderware (clearly) and misunderstood what the customer said. Thanks for the heads up guys.

Kraken Fan #69