HMI recommendations for MICRO820 CONTROLLER

gbradley

Lifetime Supporting Member
How is the boot time on the PANELVIEW 800 HMI 2711R-T4T?
I am familiar with the old Panel View Component AB 2711C-T4T and the boot time of over a minute was horrible.

I am considering using the 2711R-T4T with MICRO820 CONTROLLER because I think that it will be easy to setup communications with the Micro800.
But, not if it has super slow boot time.

I like Red lion, but I don't know Modbus.
How is the interface between MICRO820 (2080-LC20-20QWB) and Red Lion HMI?

I think it used to be Modbus only, but I don’t know how it is now.

Are there a new Red lion HMIS that uses Crimson 3.1 that are easy to setup with Allen Bradley Micro820?

Maple Systems HMI (super easy to program - software is FREE - support is great) I have them out in very remote locations in the oilfield never had one fail yet. (Over 5 years)
and they have an Ethernet driver for the micro800 series PLC. (Tag based)

The Weinview is 11.9, I will try a Red Lion later if I get a chance

That's great!

Before anyone comments "How often do you boot the HMI?"
Not that often, but it does happen, and when it does, I hate that lag time.

The AB 2711C-T4T was taking 71 seconds to boot, where the Red Lion G304K2 takes about :20 seconds.
I'm hoping that the CR1000 will be even faster.

That 11.9 second boot is impressive!

I think the Red Lion G3 were faster, at about 7 seconds. The Kadets I have used were about 9 seconds (it can grow if you have a lot going on in a startup program) and the CR3000 are around 20-25 seconds.

I replaced a PV+ with a G3 in a food plant where they locked out the machine 8-10 times per day for tooling adjustments. The G3 paid for itself in a few weeks because they had to use the HMI to start up the machine. And the cost of downtime was only about $19/minute on that application.

Last edited:
19.3 on a CR10000400000210, I have also have CR30000400000310 but I think they would be about the same, I can cut you a deal on them as I am having a moving sale :D

DSCN1753.JPG

Headed to Blowing Rock NC.... I will love the summers nice and cool but the winters get snow, I was born in Michigan so the cold white stuff is in my blood but not looking forward to shoveling snow.

http://www.resortcams.com/webcams/app-ski-mtn-live/

This place is down the street, not that I will be skiing (getting to old) but I will be sipping my irish whisky by the fire :)

That part of NC is very Scenic.
Maybe you can get a part time gig at Tweetsie RailRoad.

I have a friend that goes up to Boone a lot. He really likes it up there.

I'm thinking of heading over to TN in a few years.

Maple Systems HMI (super easy to program - software is FREE - support is great) I have them out in very remote locations in the oilfield never had one fail yet. (Over 5 years)
and they have an Ethernet driver for the micro800 series PLC. (Tag based)

This. Maple systems + micro 820 makes a good combo.

I've never used weintech? but I think they are the same as maple or made in the same factory if I remember.

Maybe you can get a part time gig at Tweetsie RailRoad.

That would be cool, my shop is on hwy 321 about 2 miles down the road, if you ever in the area let me know, im wanting to get in at https://grandfather.com/

My only issue with SC is where im at I have to drive to Columbia or the up state to do most of our entertainment and 15 years later its getting old, not that Boone is big but there's a lot to do there so we are looking forward to the change and would like to get back into the 'outdoors' we use to hike a lot and with the appalachian trail right there we should be able get back into it (after I shed a few more pounds)

Rson said:
I've never used weintech? but I think they are the same as maple or made in the same factory if I remember.

Yes Weintek makes Weinview, Maple and two others that are private labeled that I know so I am sure that they make more also, I sell Weinview and Weintek they are great HMI's and also a very good price, not taking anything away from Red Lion and AB, I have been using them all for a long time and like them as well, its just what flavor of ice cream do you like....

I have the Micro 820 with a 2711C-T7T setup currently on my desk and the boot time of the screen is 24 seconds. Nice little panel and I also like the WeinViews as others have stated.