Panelview Plus with DH+ module stops communicating after a few days

Bill Sikorski

[FONT=&quot]Installed a Panelview + a few months ago. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Used to replace a PV standard that worked for years but was failing.
[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]This is on a mature DH+ network that has been running fine for several years. App is running version 7.0 of studio and talking to approx 100 tags over 4 SLC5/04s using the 2711-RN6.

After install, everything seemed good but after about a month of operation, we've started to get the communications failing entirely on the PV+ (everything else is fine.)
It's strange, it seems to happen only after a few days of operation.
At some point, the PV+ no longer appears on the DH+ network (check at RSL[FONT=&quot]inx on PC) [/FONT]and all animations go to error on the HMI, even though the comm LED on PV+ is s[FONT=&quot]till [/FONT]green.
When this occurs, we can fix it by cycling power to PV+ and everything comes back - back on DH+ network, animations working, etc.
[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]After a few days o[FONT=&quot]f running the [/FONT]same cycle repeats.
[/FONT]
From a PC I check [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]DH+ status counters[/FONT][/FONT] counters on RSLinx. No errors.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I think my network is sound (albeit somewhat loaded [FONT=&quot]- ~ [FONT=&quot]half do[FONT=&quot]zen SLC5/04s[FONT=&quot], [FONT=&quot]a DHRIO, a PV[FONT=&quot]std, another PV+[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]).
I'm hesitant to chase down optimizing the DH+ network issues since that location worked with [FONT=&quot]PV std [/FONT]and still works for a few days after power up. Haven't changed any cabling[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot].[/FONT]
[/FONT]But wondering if there is some buffering on PV+ module that locks up after so many missed comms and then needs a power down to flush?

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Any ideas or suggestions?
[/FONT][/FONT]

Hi,
The AB sales rep in my area told me that the DH+ 'RN6"wont work on PV+ units newer than version 5.1. I'm surprised you got it to work at all. They will still sell it to you though.

I always move away from this DH+ communication standard when I replace a defective panel view. I go with serial or Ethernet depending on the processor & circumstances.

Your network setup is loaded but shouldn't be overloaded to the point of failure. Did you check to see if you can reduce the update rate of the tags on the troublesome panel? I usually don't need the screen to update more than 3 times per second.

BD