Rs Logix 5000 Add on Instruction

Dennis g

Hi everyone I am using an add on instruction for the first time and it seems to work ok except a timer does not seem to work properly and I cant figure it out. The timer is to delay a valve from closing once a temperature is reached but it seems to close the valve right away no matter how much time I set it for

Where does DelayTimer.pre setting come from, are you sure is not being used in another part of the program, are you sure is not zeroed ??
Is your own AOI or you got it from somewhere else, can we see it?.

The delaytimer resides in the local tags for that add on and I entered in the preset number. I tried to attach a tag to it but it wouldn't let me. I also tried to upload the program to this thread but it wouldn't an ACD file and im not sure how to save it as something else. and yes I created myself.

Is the timer inside of the add-on instruction (AOI)? If so, are you constantly calling the AOI? If not, under what conditions are you calling it?

Also have you tried to right click on the add-on and select view logic to see all the lad files behind the Add on to see whats actually happening to the timer? If it lets you this often is an easy way to "see: things.

Kraken Fan #69

Thanks Bob I will zip and attach the file tomorrow. Yes the timer is in the AOI I am only using it twice while testing but it will be used 28 times once I get the logic working. The program is for an automated tank steaming system where the operator can specify the order of the tanks to be steamed and since the boilers can only heat 4 tanks at a time once one finishes it goes into a monitor state and let's the next tank in the sequence to start heating. I can only monitor the condensate return so once that hits 212 deg f I need to have it run for a set time after. I am thankful for you're help I can only email the program until I get back to work tomorrow.

Yes the timer is in the AOI I am only using it twice

This is a little worrying.

You can only use a timer once in the PLC code, whether it be in and AOI or just in logic.

This would be the first place I would start looking.

As others have said seeing the code would help.

Cheers

Mark

Hi

I think he means that he has two of the same aoi for testing and hope that he has used the same timer twice.
I would often have a mov instruction above the timer and for a test I would love a constant value first and then test this to prove out your aoi and leave it in 20 times, but remember as said already for a timer to work make sure your add
On is been called constant and not only the rung but the routine

Donnchadh

I tried what Krakenfan suggested and I noticed when looking at the logic online there was no preset entered. I entered it there and it worked as it should I was entering the .pre setpoint in the AOI logic. my question now is how do I make the .pre setpoint tags that can be adjusted from a panelview?

Hi

You can have an input par to your aoi and just do a move instruction inside your
Aoi
I am sorry I did not explain this better in my last post
You can then access your input par word from the hmi

Donnchadh