Industrial computer fault

johneedw

Hello friends,
I'm facing a fault in ASEM industrial computer. The 20GB IDE hard disk has damaged , then I've replaced it with 40GB new one but the computer does not read the new IDE hard disk yet ! also , I've tried many IDE hard disks drives but all can not be read by the computer while the computer reading only its damaged hard drive in Bios !!! >>
The image attached showing the Bios menu when reading the damaged hard drive and then when not reading the new hard drives and the model of the motherboard.
Please, help me to avoid this problem to force the industrial pc to read the alternative hard drive..
Waiting for kind help!...
Best regards

thank you for kind reply dear shawn_75..
please,give me an example for the HDD characteristics and if we can modify it or not ?
Thank you again

thank you for kind reply..
please,give me an example for the HDD characteristics and if we can modify it or not ?
Thank you again

If I'm remembering right, IDE drives had master/slave jumpers on them. Double check what position that jumper is in.

You're in the long forgotten realm of master, slave, and cable select. It looks like you need change the jumper settings and/or IDE cable connection until it shows up in the Primary Slave line.

By characteristics, I mean number of cylinders (and possibly other parameters) that should be listed on a sticker on the drive. It has been a while, but I seem to remember some motherboards needing that information. As was stated by JohnCalderwood, press delete to enter setup and look for where you can edit information about the IDE channel.