PLC+HMI cheap solution

yacineamk

Hi y'all,

I am looking for affordable and reliable PLC and HMI solution :

PLC with real-time clock and multiple (>16) relay output, modbus TCP/IP
Simple HMI even 2 line LCD will do.o_O

Thanks in advance

Personally, I don't believe Unitronics fits the reliable bill. That might just be our specific applications, but of all faulty PLC's I have replaced, most were Unitronics. Perhaps due to the fact the HMI is built in.

Maybe you can tell us a little bit about your application and perhaps budget?

answer is arduino, lcd costing 4 euro
computer around 10 euro, you will need a relais block around 20 euro
real time clock 2 euro
ethernet shield 5 euro
free shipping

answer is arduino, lcd costing 4 euro
computer around 10 euro, you will need a relais block around 20 euro
real time clock 2 euro
ethernet shield 5 euro
free shipping

While it's fun to do do Ardunio projects, it's usually not cost effective for a business. If your switch burns out and there's a three hour downtime, you've probably lost several thousand dollars in production time.

I agree, Arduino does not fit the reliable bill. I got several running at home (sprinkler system) and they work well. It would be easy and cheap to have a complete spare laying around, but it is not made for permanent use (in my opinion).

The very first sentence of their own introduction:
What is Arduino?

Arduino is an open-source prototyping platform based on easy-to-use hardware and software. Arduino boards are able to read inputs - light on a sensor, a finger on a button, or a Twitter message - and turn it into an output - activating a motor, turning on an LED, publishing something online. You can tell your board what to do by sending a set of instructions to the microcontroller on the board. To do so you use the Arduino programming language (based on Wiring), and the Arduino Software (IDE), based on Processing.

I would look at EZ Automation. http://www.ezautomation.net/index.htm

We use their HMI Touch Panels. Excellent pricing and great reliability. We used one of their PLC's last year and it performed well. Programming software isn't the best - but it is easy and intuitive to use.

We are putting one of their 2 line LCD PLC/TextPanels into service this month. Cost under $400 (USD) for Display-PLC and 12 TRIAC out, 4 AC in

I agree, Arduino does not fit the reliable bill. I got several running at home (sprinkler system) and they work well. It would be easy and cheap to have a complete spare laying around, but it is not made for permanent use (in my opinion).

The very first sentence of their own introduction:

Even if you have an unlimited number of replacements, the expensive of extra downtime will probably cost more.

Greetings,

I am coming to the conversation a little late, but if you haven't already made a decision you may want to consider the FMD series from Triangle Research:

http://www.eternity-sales.com/tri-plc/fmdseries.htm

There are two I/O configurations available. Pricing is available through the link provided above. Documentation is also provided through the same link.

If you are interest we can also talk display options.

Feel free to email me through the link provided in my signature.

Disclosure - ESI is an authorized Triangle Research Distributor.