Using Timers within a Function Block in SCADAPack Workbench

noname123

Hi there,

I am working on building some standard function blocks for analogs and digitals etc. I have some bypass logic within my analog input block that needs a timer to function. I have found out that you cannot use a function block within another function block, and since TON is a built in function block, you cannot use it within another function block.

I have thought about possibly building a timer as a function, but functions can only have one output, so I would only be able to see either the elapsed time or the "timer done" bit. I can use a timer outside of the function block and just tie it to the function block, but it looks so ugly and I'd much prefer to have it within the block.

I am going to run into more problems with timers with my alarm block since I have a few different delays I want to program in, so I'm hoping someone has found a solution to this, or have experience with a similar type of thing.

I am grateful for any ideas you may have. Thanks!