Function Block Memory Allocation in Omron CJ1M PLC

scrambled

Hi all,

I am trying to add a function block to a PLC program written for an Omron CJ1M PLC. However, CX Programmer has thrown a compile error saying that there is 'insufficient FB Instance Memory for Non Retain'. I've checked the 'Function Block/SFC Memory Statistics' and apparently adding the Function Block has caused the FB Non Retained memory to go 37 words over what has been allocated.

I managed to expand the Non-Retained memory allocation and shrunk the Retained FB memory allocation slightly to accommodate it. Right now, I have 7 words free in FB Non Retained and 12 words free in FB Retained. The PLC program is now able to compile without error. However, are there any possible implications that I should watch out for when I try to replace the currently running program on site with my updated version?

Thanks.

Last edited: