1747-L511 battery

ThomasGruetter

Lifetime Supporting Member
I briefly worked on this SLC501 PLC uploading the program and checking if the PLC was operating. I noticed the battey missing but no indicator stating an error. Should the LED be on or can it be disabled. Did not find any info in the status file either... Now will go back onto this job site and like to know if this is normal.

Battery_missing.png

When the battery is low or has been disconnected, the "Battery Low" LED should be illuminated steady Red.

So it's not normal; either the LED has failed or the circuit that monitors the battery has failed. I don't think there was a Battery Low (S2:5/11) status bit until the SLC-5/03 operating system.

The same 1747-BA battery assembly was used for all of the SLC-500 controllers. You can plug it in while powered up and running.

Last edited:
I had a similar issue with a 5/04.

no red led and the battery was not being charged.
also, the memory capacitors were bad, so when the power was turned off, the plc lost the program. we had the plc repaired and we are good to go.

good thing you have the current program as a safety net.
james

Interação entre Micrologix 1400 e remota Phoenix Contact

Ola estou tentando fazer com que um Micrologix 1400 acione as saídas de uma remota da Phoenix modelo IL EIP BK DI8 DO4 2TX-PAC, atravésdo bloco MSG, alguém ai sabe sé é possível, se sim, como fazer?

Inicie seu próprio segmento com suas informações e problemas específicos.

The capacitors on an SLC-5/0x controller will, if they are in good condition, hold the memory for several hours to several days. I have personally pulled an SLC-5/03 off the shelf after six months without a battery and found the program in RAM intact.

But with an SLC-5/01 that could be thirty years old and has something wrong with its battery status indication circuit, I wouldn't count on the capacitor to hold the memory.

The safe thing to do is to upload the program so you have an offline archive. Then you can test the controller with and without a battery to see how long it holds the memory.

Used SLC-5/01, 5/02, or 5/03 controllers are widely available on the aftermarket at low prices. If you simply want to assure that the machine will survive a power outage, get a memory module or a new CPU.

Did find info that explains why the LED light might be off....
Copied from: Guidelines for Handling Lithium Batteries
Publication 1747 -IN515A-EN-P:
Battery back-up is optional with the SLC 500 fixed controllers
and the 1747-L511 processors. These processors are shipped
from the factory with capacitor back-up that provides memory
back-up of 5-30 days.
If you are installing a battery in a new processor (battery
never installed before), remove the jumper from the battery
connector socket. Store the jumper in safe place for possible
future use without the battery.

Interação entre Micrologix e remota BK da Phoenix contact

Ola, estou tentando estabelecer comunicação entre um PLC Micrologix 1400 e uma remota da Phoenix contact modulo BK, estou tentando fazer isto atravez do bloco MSG, porém não estou conseguindo.
O modulo ja esta em minha rede e esta comunicando, consigo visualizar no RSLINX.
Alguém ai sabe me dizer como consigo?