Wonderware, Eng Stn, and Server, how to export/import

Ken Moore

Lifetime Supporting Member
So I'm working on a system with Step7 5.5 running on a couple of 300's. They have Wonderware as the HMI. They have servers and clinets and an Eng Station. On the Engineering Station I can edit graphics, make new tags etc... but they are not connected to the PLC. The local maint. guy says I have to export and import. From ES to Server.
Can anyone point me to some documentation on this?
Not sure what version, was installed in 2012.

you are going to need to give us more info on the setup, there is quite a different procedure depending on whether you are using system platform, running a managed intouch app, or just a standalone intouch app.

if you can launch "intouch" on the ES, and post a screenshot of the display it would be helpful.

I finally got hold of the last guy to work on it. It's version 9.5.
The Eng Stn has Window Maker, but that's it. You do all your work.
Zip the folder, use sneaker net to get it over to the other runtime clients. Unzip, then use InTouch to change from current folder to new folder.
Not the best. I think we could set up NAD, might be worth it.