Micro850

buffalonymann

First time using AB Micro850 - out of the box and powered up "MS" and "FAULT" are flashing. Connected via USB but cannot connect to the PLC. Tried to update firmware and get failure because PLC is not in right condition

Any modules plug into it?

EDIT: Try plugging it into a router, the router will assign a IP address and then see if you can see it in RSLinx via ethernet

I just learned with the addition of an expansion module, and end of bus terminator is required; this may be the problem. Ordered one, and will install next week

If you do wind up updating the firmware don't use the USB connection. I've had a very high failure rate with the ControlFlash program when using a USB connection and from what I understand it is a known issue. Use the USB to configure the Ethernet port and connect ControlFlash using that.