5069 and failed OPC link

Firejo

Has anyone had any success linking data from global tags in a 5069 (L306ERM) to RSLinx using an DDE/OPC Topic? I've done this hundreds of times with other types of processors and normally when I select "Data Monitor" then copy a tag value (right click then "Copy to Clipboard") I get a box ("Copy DDE/OPC Link") that opens up confirming the "Data Table Address" and I can then do a "Paste Special" in Excel. However, with now two different 5069's, I right click on the tag's value and nothing happens. When I look at the driver's log file is shows me that it failed to connect to the processor however I can connect to the processor via the same RSLinx with Studio5000 so I know that all works. Without changing anything in RSLinx (or shutting it down) and can make the OPC link work using a MicroLogix 1100 and a 1756-L81E. It's only the 5069-L306ERM that doesn't work.

I dont have an answer but I hope someone does because i wanted to start playing with the 5069 (L306ER) that i use now in all of our larger machine builds and DDE/OPC via RSLinx to setup some data logging and recipe ideas.

Looks like I found a possible issue with RSLinx. Rockwell is looking into it and will let me know. Having said that, it turns out the DDE/OPC link does work, it’s just the setup that doesn’t work like it does with other processors. Confused? So was I. However, as I mentioned in my first post, selecting “Copy to Clipboard” brings up a box that copies the link to your clipboard and lets you verify the link is correct. That’s the part that is not working with RSLinx 4.10.00 (and 4.11.00) and a 5069-L306ERM processor. If I right click on the processor in RSWho, then select “Configure a New DDE/OPC Topic” the appropriate functions occur, and I now have a DDE/OPC link to work with. I can then select “Copy DDE Link to Clipboard” (the little clipboard at the top of the screen in RSLinx) and I can then select the correct topic, PLC and then online tags. Once I’ve done that, I now have the “Paste Special” option available in Excel. It’s a longer way to get to the same place and it tells me that it’s only the shortcut function that isn’t working, not the DDE/OPC link feature.