GX Developer - Timer Question

woodward_uk

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi there

I am currently translating a Mitsubishi program for upgrade to RSLogix5000. Could anyone please explain to me how the code in the attachment works?

I understand that this is a simple 'greater than' instruction and if T200 is > D130 this portion of the rung will become true. Where I am struggling is with T200, I cannot find a reference to this Timer anywhere else in the ladder software.

The Timer is assigned as a high speed timer in the PLC Parameters but I cannot find a reference in the software which would activate the timer nor set a preset value.

Am I missing something very basic here?

Many thanks
Woodward_UK

Ladder1 - Copy.JPG

have you used cross reference function for search?
if yes and there is no coil T200 then its probably some legacy rung

from what i know GX will compile "T" contacts even without respective coils in program

If you can't find T200 anywhere else, then I'd say this is a case of a code scrap left behind after a program change. What model of PLC is it?

T200 is a 10mS timer, if there is not another reference to T200 in the program then the value of T200 will be always zero.

This rung is very likely an unused timeout.