Trouble with Index addressing!!

My bad sir. I think the reason I am not seeing the Scource Value is because the Program is not running yet. Could that be the reason?

How would you do this same task with using UDT's and alias tags? I am just curious.

I'm not sure what is going on with the links. Nothing is showing up but a black screen when I select them.

I have never looked to see what will be displayed on a plc in program mode when you change the index value. My gut feeling is the displayed value will not change since the program needs to be running to determine the access but I've never tried it.

Keith

method:

I used the method you mentioned....
Create a dint[25,120] array, and call it RecipeBlock.
Use COP in the line above my MOV's COP(N11[0], DataArray[11,0], 201), for each recipe file from 11 to 24.
Then I can use Recipeblock[N10_11,N10_22], that is working, I just have 0 in my source value. I think it is because the program is not running yet. Do you think that is correct?

View attachment Binder1.pdf

I finally found out how to get the attachment to you...

Yes, that is correct. Until you run the plc through at least one scan the new array will be empty. It is the COP instructions that will fill it.

I just want to confirm that the way you are filling the new array is:

COP(N11[0], DataArray[11,0], 201) for N11
COP(N12[0], DataArray[12,0], 201) for N12
COP(N24[0], DataArray[24,0], 201) for N24

I suspect there is an HMI somewhere in this system that accesses the individual recipe files for modification. If that is the case you will need to keep those files to allow plc access by the HMI. However, you should check through the program to make sure there is nothing trying to WRITE into the new array. If there is the items that are written will be overwritten by the COP instructions every scan.

If there is no HMI access to these recipe files I would let the plc run once and then get rid of the N11 - N24 arrays. Make all changes and access directly in the new array.

Keith

Keith

There is an HMI. I also have to set up a Remote I/O slot. When I migrated everything the 1746 RIO card was changed to placeholder tags. I need to replace our RIO module, and the can itself. It is verry old, and we are looking for somethig that we can use ethernet with.

I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for there. Are you looking for an HMI on Ethernet/IP or are you looking to get existing 1746 I/O on Ethernet/IP? Or something completely different?

Keith

what about the other blocks such as line 183 on the slc500

what about the other blocks such as line 183 and 186 on the slc500. I tried something it looks like it works, but I am not sure. I cop all N from N11-n62 to my RECIPEBLOCK ARRAY. what do you think. what is the better way to
re-structure it, that you were talking about.

I included both my slc500 and my logix5000 program in this message.

What do you think?