6es7315-2af01-0ab0

kouim92kostas

Hello everyone..
I'm new member so nice to meet you!

I have both a theoretical and a practical question ..

At work we have a PLC 6ES7315-2AF01-0AB0 ... can be replaced with 6ES7314-1AG14-0AB0.
and if so, the program when I transfer it will be the same? Or i have to do some modifications in the new CPU's program?
thank you!

The 6ES7315-2AF01-0AB0 is a CPU 315-2DP, which has an MPI port an Profibus Port, Where as the 6ES7314-1AG14-0AB0 is a CPU 314 with only an MPI port.

If you are not using the Profibus port, then, yes, you can do the replacement, but a few extra steps need to be taken. If you are using Profibus, then no, you must use a 6ES7315-2AH14-0AB0 - and this CPU you can simply drag and drop on the old CPU.

1) Open the NetPro utility (you can double-click a network icon from Simatic Manager), and the highlight the CPU to see if it has any connections configured. If it does take notes or screenshots of the connections' properties. Also, check for Global Data (Tools -> Define Global Data, and take notes or a screenshot if necessary. Then close NetPro.

2) Open the HW Config, and double-click the CPU and again, take notes of the properties or screenshots.

3) Delete the CPU 315-2DP and replace it with the CPU 314. It will ask you if you want to delete the program as well, say no, and it will be separated in the project. Save & Compile and close the HW Config.

4) From Simatic Manager, copy and paste the separated Program folder back to the CPU. Drag and drop works too.

5) Open the HW Config again and re-enter the CPUs properties as they were before from your notes or screenshots.

6) Go back to Netpro and re-enter the connections' properties, if there were any, and set/check the Define Global Data, if any. Save & Complie.

7) Download everything to the CPU314 (you can highlight the station in SIMATIC Manager.

The 6ES7315-2AF01-0AB0 is a CPU 315-2DP, which has an MPI port an Profibus Port, Where as the 6ES7314-1AG14-0AB0 is a CPU 314 with only an MPI .

Hello and thanks for yours answers....

I found out today that i gave you wrong type of CPU 🙃

Well the CPU we have is the: 6ES7315-1AF03-0AB0 (one port.!) We use the MPI Port AND if it helps, we have also a CP-342-5....

The steps you told me, are the same or i have to do something else?

Thank you again.!!

Then you can simply open your hardware configuration, and from the hardware catalog, drag and drop your 6ES7314-1AG14-0AB0 on top of your 6ES7315-2AF01-0AB0 then save & compile and download it to your new CPU... also you have to download the S7 Program to your CPU too.

Then you can simply open your hardware configuration, and from the hardware catalog, drag and drop your 6ES7314-1AG14-0AB0 on top of your 6ES7315-2AF01-0AB0 then save & compile and download it to your new CPU... also you have to download the S7 Program to your CPU too.

How about marker memory area?
Thinking that 315 series have much more than 314. If there is used lot of M area memorys then you need adjust your program before it can be downloaded.

Never mind, didn't reades post #4. (replacing CPU model is from same series)

Last edited:
Good morning....

I ''drag&drop" the new CPU 314.... It asked me that there is a new CPU and if i want to be continue. I accepted it.

I checked all the paramaters to the MPI and PROFIBUS network and its the same with the old one.

BUT... when i RUN in, after a while, it goes to STOP mode and the SF LED turn RED. PLUS after this i can't connect again to the CPU.

And i notice that when i disconnect the CP342-5 from the rack, the CPU the STOP led goes off, the RUN led on and SF goes RED..

I don't know whats going on.!! What am i doing wrong???

Can you post a picture of the Diagnostic Buffer? Both the CPU and the CP342-5.

You can access these by opening the hardware configuration, and the menu Station -> Open ONLINE, and double click the CPU, and double click the CP342-5.

Can you post a picture of the Diagnostic Buffer? Both the CPU and the CP342-5.

You can access these by opening the hardware configuration, and the menu Station -> Open ONLINE, and double click the CPU, and double click the CP342-5.

I'm trying to connect to CPU but i can't..... At the 'Select Node Address'' I press VIEW but nothing happens.! It shows error message .!

screen.PNG

What cable are you using to go online? I'll assume "PC Adapter"

From SIMATIC Manager, go to Options -> Set PG/PC Interface

Select PC Adapter(Auto), then click the Properties button

Click Start Network detection, and post your result.

If it detects a network, click OK then OK.

Try the Accessible nodes icon from Simatic Manager.

Accessible Nodes.PNG

He asked you to find use the accessible nodes function in Simatic Manager.

That the CPU goes to SF when you remove the CP342-5 is to be expected, since now the HW does not match the HW configuration. Why are you removing the CP342-5

I am concerned if the program you performed the change on is the proper backup or not of the program that was in the CPU before you made the change.
It is too late now, but I would have done 2 things:
1. Verify that the offline and online programs were identical by doing an offline/online compare.
2. Make an upload to a new step7 project and save it. That would be a fallback if something goes wrong.

A long as i have the CP342-5 connected on the rack i get these messages.... Its like the CP blocks the CPU.!

When I disconnected the CP from the rack, i ''saw' the CPU on the program...
The problem is when both CPU and CP342-5 are connected on the rack.!
Its the first time i see this happen.!

nodes.PNG